Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 3: Adjustment Layers and Smart Filters





1. Smart Filter: Angled Strokes
2. Emmett: 9/24/2010; 9:22 PM; Home; f/4.5; 1/13 Sec; Sony A330
3. Adjustment Layers: Rainbow gradient, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Warm Layer Filter
4. Rainbow Flower: 9/26/2010; 7:13 PM; Temple; f/5.6; 1/15 sec; Sony A330

To edit the picture of Emmett I experimented with different smart filters and chose angled strokes. I then masked through with a low opacity to give his face and body some color. To finish I cropped the picture. I just loved his little smile in the picture and had to use it. For "Rainbow Flower" I added four adjustment layers (listed above) and played with the opacity on the gradient so the rainbow was a little translucent. Then I masked the flower completely so the rainbow only appeared behind it. I learned a lot by just experimenting with all the different options. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice adjustments. Where these are longer shutter speeds though you might want to try using a tripod to make sure they are super crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angled stroke on Emmett's pic, sooo cute and works well. It's cool you figured out how to do a rainbow through experimenting, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute boy :) I love the rainbow edit you did on the flower picture. It's so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow effect on the flower is awesome! I never would have thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funky edit on the flower is fun! It's fun finding new things when you're experimenting with photoshop!

    ReplyDelete