Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cutouts

 1.Deer: 9/29/2010; 7:08 PM; Bannack; f/5.6; 1/100; Sony A330
 2. This image was taken just outside of Bannack. We were headed home and 3 deer were near the road. I was sad because one jumped a fence and I barely missed capturing its jump. Anyway, to do my partial cutout I first selected the sky area and a little below it with my rectangular marquee tool. I hit shift ctrl N to put it on a new layer and then ctrl delete to fill it with white. Then I deselected the square and hid the layer. I went back to the image and quick selected the ground area and refined the edge. I feathered it and expanded it a bit. Then I hit ctrl J to put it on a new layer. I put that layer on top, I revealed the box, and I was done.
 3. Before I understood how to correctly do the partial cutout I simply quick selected the ground, chose inverse in the select drop down, and hit delete. Oh, and first I picked a pink color for the deleted section to be. I actually like this cut out better because it looks like the sky was a pretty pink. But, it was done differently.
 4.Sunflower: 9/17/2010; 7:26 PM; Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/80; Sony A330; Flash
5. Full cutout: I really liked the yellow of the sunflower contrasting with the black. I first toggled my colors so black would be the background when I hit delete. Then I quick selected the sunflower, refined the edge to add more feather, selected the inverse and hit delete. Done. The quick select tool worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment