Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Action Blur and Freeze


1."Throw me high!": 9/29/10; 3:28 PM; Bannack Hotel; f/4; 1/160 sec; Sony A330
2.Ghost in the Hotel: 9/29/10; 5:53 PM; Bannack Hotel; f/16; 10 sec; Sony A330; Tripod

I love Bridger's smile in the first picture. Every night before bed he exclaims "Throw me high daddy!" I learned to adjust the shutter speed fast to catch an action shot and slow to blur action or get a ghost shot. I had never used shutter priority before, but it was very useful to learn. I adjusted the colors a bit in the first picture and obviously changed the second to black and white. I thought the black and white made it more creepy.

2 comments:

  1. Grace,I really like the picture of Bridger and your husband. Bridger's expression is priceless. The picture is a little dark, maybe there is a way you can lighten it up a little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghost shot looks cool in black and white. You captured Bridger's smile perfectly too.

    ReplyDelete