Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Edge Effects

1.Bridger Brushed-on Effect: I added image filters (cutout and poster edges) to make the photo appear painted. I saved and flattened it. Then I selected all of it and deleted the image. Using the history brush, I loaded my "thick heavy brushes" and experimented with them (and their size) to paint the image back through. Lastly, I used the text tool and put "Bridger Belnap" on the image. From my next edit I learned that the flexible brushed-on effect is much easier (because you can toggle back and unpaint what you didn't like).


 2. Bridger Driving original: 9/29/2010; 3:07 PM; Bannack; f/5.6; 1/3200 sec; Sony A330. Simple edits in camera raw.
 3. Emmett Flexible Brushed-on Effect: First I edited the image in camera raw and then opened it in photoshop. I added a white layer, unlocked the image, moved the white layer below the orginal layer, and added a black mask to the original layer. Then I painted the image back with my "thick heavy brushes" just as I did in #1. However, with the flexible edits and layers I was able to toggle back and forth with my brush to fix what I didn't like. This is a much better option if you ask me. I added "Emmett Brian Belnap" with the text tool and eyedropped the blue from his shirt for the text color.

 4.Emmett Original: 9/19/2010; 5:42 PM; Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/80 sec; Sony A330; Simple edits in camera raw.

 5.Flower Sprayed Edge Effect: This picture was a panoramic that I tried during pano week but didn't end up using it for my post. I used it this week instead. I did simple edits in camera raw, opened it in photoshop, used the rectangle marquee tool to make a border one inch inside all edges of the image, hit Q to apply the quick mask mode, chose filter-brush strokes-sprayed strokes. I increased the length and radius to the maximum, hit Q, selected the inverse, chose my yellow background with the eyedropper from the flowers, and hit delete. I love the bright colors, especially since winter is pretty much here.

6. Flowers original: 10/11/2010; 5:59 PM; Rexburg; f/8; 1/30 sec; Sony A330; simple edits in camera raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment