Monday, October 11, 2010

Raw Edit


Sunset Camera Raw: 10/6/2010; 6:55 PM; Rexburg; f/8; 1/60; Sony A330

I love camera raw. Everything I need to edit (most of the time) is right in front of me. The sunset colors were beautiful, and I was able to paint them back in with the paint brush and lighten the image to get the yellow sunset. It is so beneficial for light metering the sky because you can use the brush to just lighten the ground. Besides using the paint brush I adjusted the clarity, brightness, contrast and saturation a bit.

I have the information for this photo in my large format print post. I am using this photo in my camera raw section of my photobook for class because I don't want to use my original camera raw edit. I edited these flowers in camera raw for my poster.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE editing in camera RAW!!!! It is so powerful and non destructive. I like how you were able to bring the colors back to life. It would be nice if the foreground could be a little brighter. The info may not be there though. The colors are very vivid and striking. Good job!

    ReplyDelete