Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Portrait Edits


1.Chase brown shirt: 10/18/2010; 6:04 PM; Rexburg; f/8; 1/80 sec; Sony A330
2. Replace Color: To replace the color of his shirt sleeves I first selected them with the quick select tool. Then I copied them to their own layer. I went to image, adjustments, replace color and messed around with the eye dropper tool until I figured it out. I turned the fuzziness all the way up and adjusted the hue and saturation levels until I had a dark green. I chose green because I thought it contrasted nicely with the brick, instead of brown. From there I lightened the image a bit with an adjustment layer.  




3. Dark picture: 10/17/2010; 10:04 PM; Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/80 sec; Sony A330; flash (but my arm was in the way so it didn't work).
4. Match to picture: 10/17/2010; 10:07 PM; Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/80 sec; Sony A330; flash
5. Color match from #3: When I took the picture I had the camera turned, and my arm got in the way of the flash. I decided to take the color from the second picture since they are similar and transfer it to the first picture. I couldn't believe how much lighter and better the picture turned out. To match the color I went to image, adjustments, match color. I played with the luminace sliders until it looked pretty good. It still isn't the best picture, but it definitely shows what match color can do for a photo.

6.Chase: 10/18/2010; 6:08 PM; Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/80 sec; Sony A330
7.White teeth: To edit this picture I whitened his teeth and widened his eyes (barely because it looked strange if I widened them too far). I quick selected his teeth and desaturated them and brightened them on their own layer. I quick selected his eyes, and on their own layer I moved them slightly down to widen them. Both pictures have slight adjustments in raw (vignette, vibrance, clarity, fill light, blacks). I tried the brush tool on his skin, but he looked to feminine so I got rid of it.

1 comment:

  1. Forget Dentist! We have photoshop now! jk

    I like your pics. You have a great looking family. I like how you weren't afraid to get close up.

    ReplyDelete