Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scanography

 1.Halloween single scan: I set the scanner (Lexmark Prestige Pro) to 300 dpi and moved it to our bathroom so the room would be completely dark when I closed the door. I scanned the Halloween decorations I found around the house. The numbers 31 are countdown blocks I made for my son, so we can count down to Halloween. I did simple edits (vibrance, saturation, brightness, contrast). The skeleton is actually orange but didn't show up very well. I changed the hue on the entire image to that green shade. Then I quick selected the pumpkin, spider and blocks to mask the effect out on them, bringing them back to their original colors.
2. Dancer multiple scan: For all of the images I set the scanner (Lexmark Prestige Pro) to 300 dpi and scanned the images in the bathroom to have a completely dark environment when I closed the door. I had four separate scans and then moved them on top of each other. The CDs scan was the bottom layer (and I masked out the lip gloss you will see below because I didn't like it). Every time I added a layer I adjusted its opacity so it was transparent. Finally, I cropped it.
 3. Tap shoes: The tap shoe soles are not puple (unfortunately...that would be awesome). I simply played with the hue a bit until I found something bright and fun that I liked. I also did simple edits (brightness, contrast, vibrance). I love tap! I actually taught at BYU-I last winter semester.
 4. CDs: I didn't like the lip gloss in the final product so I masked it out. Other than that, no edits.
 5. Dancer Shirt: I loved playing with the hue today. Dancer was red but I made it bright green to match the purple shoes. Then I went to select - color range - to select only the letters in "Dancer" with the eyedropper to move them to the final image.

6. Pink ribbon: This is a ribbon I used in my hair for a dance a long time ago. I made it a bit brighter. Then I went to select - color range to eye drop the pink, causing only the pink to be selected to move to the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment